[Kde-pim] Excessive amount of queries

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Dec 6 15:18:39 GMT 2014

On Saturday, December 6, 2014 07.53:31 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> Daniel mentioned on IRC it's not possible.  I believe given all the
> demands on Daniel's time, it's not either.  But, perhaps for "akonadi
> next"  :)

well ... if things hold as they are now ... akonadi next won't have a DBMS
running in the background.

we've also talked about keeping some commonly used stats aggregated in the
store itself so they don't need to be recalculated endlessly. the general
usage pattern for akonadi is heavily slanted towards reads and there is really
only one source of writes for any given data set (well, in theory ... and in
akonadi next, in practice as well), so such memoization is likely to pay off.

(and thank you to everyone who is looking at how to make akonadi1 more
performant in the meantime... many people will be using it for years to come,
no matter when Kontact 5 is released and will benefit from these efforts!)

--
Aaron J. Seigo