[Kde-pim] split kdepimlibs

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Aug 22 13:56:23 BST 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM, laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Montel,

> We will split kdepimlibs the tuesday 2 september 2014.
>
> It's the second step after merging framework branch.
> (So plasma or kmymoney for example will able to use just specific lib and not
> depend against all kdepimlibs (or duplicate lib))
>
> All compile fine as module.
> I will continue to work on kdepimlibs to clean up.
>

> Ben is it possible to do it ?
> Do you need more info ?

In order to do this, you need to work with the relevant Git experts to
produce the appropriate history preserving split rules, unless you
wish to adopt the same approach kdelibs took when it Frameworkised, in
which case you'll need to talk to the folks who prepared the scripts
for that.

Of course, a list of modules will be needed, along with respective
sysadmin tickets.

Please note that sysadmin doesn't split repositories - that is up to
developers to do.

> Regards
>
> --
> Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
> KDAB (France) S.A.S., a KDAB Group company
> Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr

Thanks,
Ben