[Kde-pim] Fwd: split kdepimlibs

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 19:59:58 BST 2014

cc: in kde-pim too

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Layt <jlayt at kde.org>
Date: 27 August 2014 19:59
Subject: Re: split kdepimlibs
To: kde-frameworks-devel <kde-frameworks-devel at kde.org>

My general 2c: I'm with Kevin that we should do functional and api
reviews, move code around, and generally refactor stuff *before* we
split anything. It's just plain easier that way. I don't think we're
anywhere near close to knowing what to do with everything to be
splitting things yet.  Will we also end up with deprecated code in a
kdepimlibs4-support, for example?

We started a page at
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/kdepimlibs to document this
sort of stuff, it would be good to bring it up-to-date and work
through it progressively.

We also have Akademy and the sprint scheduled for November (?) at
which we could sit down and methodically work through the list of
everything and figure out what to do.

John.