[Kde-pim] Merge framework branch in master

Daniel Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 13:05:38 BST 2014

On Wednesday 06 of August 2014 07:07:35 laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mardi 5 août 2014 15:52:25 Daniel Vratil a écrit :
> > On Saturday 02 of August 2014 21:52:10 laurent Montel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > 4.14 will be the last KDE4 major release.
> > >
> > > 4.14 will tag the 12 august, so I will merge framework branch in master
> > > after that.
> > > All changes will do in 4.14 and merge in master based on qt5/kf5
> > >
> > > After that I will prepare kdepimlibs split.
> > >
> > > If you want to make new features make them in kf5.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Thanks for taking care of all the frameworks stuff, Laurent.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > > Regards*
>
> A question:
> Kevin informed me that he uses some features from kdepimlibs master for
> zanshin.
> He would like to have it in official release.
> Is it possible to forwardport all changes from kdepimlibs master in 4.14.1 ?
>
> I will create a tag before merge but I don’t want to manage a potential 4.15
> because I don"t want to add new feature because we will split kdepimlibs
> soon. So it will be necessary to merge by hand each new features (and I
> don’t want to do it).
> But merge in 4.14.1 will a good idea for me.
>
> What do you think about it ?

Ok, I'll cherry-pick the commits Kevin needs to KDE/4.14 branch once 4.14
final is tagged.

Since the feature will also require support in Akonadi, I'll cherry-pick the
commit in Akonadi from master to 1.13 branch today, so that we don't have
problems with dependencies.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348