[Kde-pim] KDE PIM Sprint summary

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Apr 13 19:41:41 BST 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-04-01, 17:06:09, Daniel Vrátil wrote:

> * Job-based Agents
> An idea that Christian came up with. I am absolutely *thrilled* by it and I
> expect we follow up on it during Akademy (or maybe before).

:)
That has been in discussion for several years already and pretty much everyone
agrees on that.

The initial design of the resource interface used on virtual methods because
it was assumed that this would make it easier to implement for people new to
the stack.

In hindsight that could have been accomplished by providing a default job
implementation that would delegate to an implementation of the current style
interface.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring