[Kde-pim] Focus on stability, LTS branch, transition to frameworks

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Apr 11 12:11:11 BST 2014

Hi,

If I remember we will have a kde 4.14, so I don’t want to freeze master until
we release a KF5 version which will be release in 1 year or 1 year 1/2

If we don’t make a 4.14 ok but until now we will have a 4.14

And as you told you will work on your own git and backport fix in your branch
so it will not a big problem for you.

So work on framework is a good idea (I started to do it), but stop development
in 4.x is not, I don’t want, and I don’t want to develop a feature and wait 1
year to release it.

When I see kde-workspace which is release as 4.11.x and no changes during some
months/years, I don’t want it for kdepim.

I want a real 4.14 release.

Regards.

Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr