[Kde-pim] Focus on stability, LTS branch, transition to frameworks

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Tue Apr 15 08:58:48 BST 2014

On Friday 11 April 2014 16.06:55 laurent Montel wrote:

> > That's fine with me. I will create a roadmap page for kdepim where I will
> > put the things I plan to work on, and I would be grateful if you could add
> > the stuff you plan to be working on there, or even just drop a mail to the
> > ML so I can add it.
>
> I already did it
> See http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.13_Feature_Plan
> So we already have a page for it.

True, I should start using this again too =/

> But if you want to add new page not a problem for me
> I will add info in these page.

I started this: http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Roadmap

This is not meant to replace
techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.13_Feature_Plan,
but to serve as a space other than meeting notes to plan features.
This should ensure that ideas are not forgotten, new developers have a chance
to figure out what was already planned and existing developers can discuss what
is going on. Ideally the Feature Plan would simply link to ideas of the
Roadmap where you can read a bit more what is planned exactly, beyond a one-
liner.

I already added some off my stuff, I think it would be great if you could add
some of your features too. You can describe your features with less words that
I did, I don't want it to be too cumbersome (I'll ask for more information if
I don't understand it).

Thanks,
Christian