[Kde-pim] Akonadi Evernote client .. a reference python resource would be useful

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Sep 25 17:59:13 BST 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday, 2013-09-25, Jinal Kothari wrote:
> Hi all,
> As you may remember from my earlier email to the mailing list, I wish
> to work on an evernote resource.
>
> Well, turns out it is not as easy for me as I imagined. I am having
> difficulty even getting a hello world resource set up; using
> python-kde. I failed to find any other resource implementations in
> python that work.
>
> Does anyone know of such an implementation?

Hmm, I am afraid that this has either not be done before or that nobody told
us about it.

As an alternative it might be possible to implement a resource fully native in
Python using https://gitorious.org/python-twisted-akonadi

There are probably still some missing pieces, e.g. the D-Bus interface that
resources are expected to provide, but that should be doable with Python's D-
Bus API I guess.

See [1] and [2] for blog posting where the author of this library demonstrates
its capabilities

[1] http://steveire.wordpress.com/2009/10/09/holy-grail-no-thanks-weve-
already-got-one/
[2] http://steveire.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/cross-platform-akonadi-video/