[Kde-pim] KMail 4.11 does not work for me

Sven debug102 at suska.org
Fri Oct 25 17:40:35 BST 2013

Daniel Vrátil <dvratil <at> redhat.com> writes:
> someone had the similar problem recently. It turned out he somehow ended up
> with a duplicated special collection (inbox, outbox, etc.) [0].
>
> The solution is to open akonadiconsole and in the browser tab check for the
> duplicated collection and delete the duplicate.

Thank you Daniel, that saved me!

I also had this problem after upgrading to KUbuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander.
KMail 4.11.2 then used to show only the one mail that was selected at the
beginning (sometimes also the 2nd selected mail (after a delay of ~1min))
but for all others it kept showing the "retrieving folder contents"-message
("Abholen des Ordnerinhalts. Bitte warten... ")
And it used to keep one CPU kernel busy (until killed).

After I had removed all duplicate special folders,
KMail immediately normalized.

Sven