[Kde-pim] multiple remoteIds in pimitemtable ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sun Oct 20 17:04:08 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm continuing my akonadi quest ...

I have a mailing list maildir folder, which contains KDE commit mails.
In that I found 1 mail which appears a lot of times (ca. 570), so I checked the akonadi tables ...
First I searched for that specific mail on disk, and I found exactly 1 mailfile:
.../new/1378129436.R486.linux-d4d3.site:2,S
What I see in pimitemtable when I search for that name:
select * from pimitemtable where collectionId=223 and remoteid LIKE "1378129436.R486.%";
572 rows

Question: Is it allowed (does it make sense) that pimitemtable contains multiple records
with the same remoteid ?

what is the "rev" column for ?

What I find strange is that nearly all these records include a wrong size value.
The file on disk is really 3677 bytes and in most records I find 7100

- only the records which have rev=0 hold the correct file size and remoteid=1378129436.R486.linux-d4d3.site:2,S and dirty=1
- all records with rev=1 have size=7100 and all of these have remoteId=1378129436.R486.linux-d4d3.site and dirty=0
- one record with rev=2 has size=7150

should the size value be the file size in bytes ?
Because I find other records (also duplicated ones) where no single size entry is correct
(e.g. file on disk=6348, size value in table=8101 or 9962)

Would it be possible to develop (or is there already) a tool which cleans the akonadi tables from such
wrong records or to check whether the entries are still correct ?
(Something like fsck for akonadi)
Hmmm... I found that akonadictl already has the option fsck
"Check (and attempt to fix) consistency of the internal storage (can take some time)"
But running it here does neither take some time nor does it fix the above problems ...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion