[Kde-pim] (KDE)PIM abstraction layer on non-Gnu/Linux systems?

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sun Oct 20 14:43:28 BST 2013

On 20 October 2013 13:10, Jan Kundrát <jkt at flaska.net> wrote:

> It looks that Ubuntu is apparently using the QtPim module [1] on their
> touch/mobile device.

Yes, they're using the unreleased beta port of QtPim to Qt5, it's not
supported by Qt or Digia, and it's not on the plan to release or
support it any time soon.  A maintainer would need to be found first,
and perhaps more work done to untangle it from Nokia.  I actually
briefly discussed it at QtDevDays with the Canonical guys and Aleix
Blache, the Digia guy resurrecting parts of QtMobility, and there was
some surprise on all sides.  I did say to them that if any attempt is
made to officially release QtPim then some effort should be made to
reduce duplication of effort on the backends between KDE and Qt.
Whether anything happens, or is even possible I have no idea.

Cheers!

John.