[Kde-pim] kmail 4.11: accessing mail contents lags for minutes and then sending mail does as well

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Oct 16 11:57:15 BST 2013

Hi!

Just wanted to point out that I downgraded to kmail 4.10 again due to:

326089 - accessing mail contents lags for minutes and then sending mail does
as well

I posted about kdepim-users mailing list, but sometimes I don´t know whether
any devs are actually reading there. I suggest doing so as problems get
reported there. Anyway, you can follow up on the bug report as well.

Downgrading and restarting KMail and Akonadi *immediately* fixes the issue.

I also notified debian-kde mailing list so that Debian Qt/KDE team is aware. It
might be a packaging issue, but I consider that unlikely.

Basically these lags make kmail 4.11 unusable for me. I don´t have time to
wait half an hour or longer to access a mail contents or send a mail.

Ciao,