[Kde-pim] Current status of MS Exchange support in KDE PIM

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 17:50:56 GMT 2013

Hello guys,

I'm using Evolution to access the MS Exchange server at work, but I don't
like that because I'm a KDE user.

So my intention is to change the situation. I know that someone started to
work on MS Exchange support for Kontact, but I don't know if this is still
active or what's the status is.

If I need to start from scratch, I would like to use kdsoap to access the
Exchange Web Service (EWS) and focus on MS Exchange 2010 first since this
is the version running at my company, but keeping in mind to support 2007
as well.

The mails will be stored in Akonadi so we are able to a) index them with
nepomuk and b) access the emails / calendar / contacts from plasma applets,
calendar or whatever you can imagine. At least this is the plan.

Kind regards,

Daniel