[Kde-pim] [kde-dev-scripts] /: Make astyle-kdelibs match the Qt/kdelibs coding style closer.

John Layt john at layt.net
Wed Nov 27 18:27:48 GMT 2013

On 27 November 2013 18:43, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
> I agree with David.
> Those small differences are not worth the effort.
> Let's keep 1 coding style == the kdelibs coding style

Yes, the core idea is to have a single style (or as close as we can
get) across all of Qt and KF so that any developer using or
contributing to them can easily and quickly read them to use them or
make contributions to them without having to learn yet another coding
style.

John.

P.S. Speaking of which, if we want to encourage drive-by patches from
outsiders, we may need to set up a better way to do that.  Not
everyone wants or needs to get a full KDE account just to fix a bug or
two.  They can leave patches on Bugzilla, but that's a little
unsatisfactory from a discovery and work-flow perspective.  A Gerrit
for KF5 could allow drive-by patch accounts without commit access,
just saying... :-)