[Kde-pim] Possible data loss: one-byte sized files

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu May 2 16:36:17 BST 2013

Am Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2013, 17:27:11 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry to come back to this, but I think its necessary. Due to previous bugs
> I  had with data losses and one-byte sized files, I thought I make a sanity
> check with find -size 1c (search for one-byte sized files) and
> unfortunately it failed:
>
> Please, pretty please have a look at this:
>
> Bug 319226 - produces 1-byte-sized files on failed move attempts while
> filtering https://bugs.kde.org/319226
>
> (other related bugs linked from there)
>

> This now is a pretty simple setup, made from scratch, on Ext4.
>
> I am afraid, but I think Akonadi looses mail data.

I think it does, by comparing my local state from whats on the mailing list
archive for debian-hurd at lists.debian.org.

I will try to prove it with POP3 maildir storage on my Dovecot POP 3 server.

KMail activated pipelining for this server automatically. I think I will
disable it now, to see whether it makes a difference.

I add all relevant information to bug report.

Thanks,