[Kde-pim] Problems with ContactSearchJob

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed May 15 16:39:05 BST 2013

Hi Klaas,

On Wednesday, 2013-05-15, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> On 14.05.2013 19:39, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> thanks for your answer!

You're welcome :)

> >> What has changed recently? How can that be fixed? Do I have to do more
> >> initialitzations of Akonadi now? What if there are more than one address
> >> books configured? Are they all searched?
> >
> > The code looks fine and I don't think there were any changes to that
> > particular search recently. But this  (Akonadi/Nepomuk interaction) is
> > out of my area of expertise, not sure how to debug this further.
>
> It seems to be related in which address book the contacts are stored. A
> user reports that Kraft finds the contacts if they are stored in
> Personal Contacts:
> "Anscheinend geht es nicht mit übernommenen oder importierten
>   Konrtakten! Wenn ich einen Kontakt neu anlege im Hauptordner
>   des Adressbuchs "Persönliche Kontakte", dann und zwar, so weit
>   ich bisher sehen kann, nur dann, dann findet Kraft die
>   Kundenkontakte."
>
> Is there anything needed to add ALL addressbook to the search, or loop
> over all and search in each of them or so?

Hmm. I am again guessing, but I don't think that Nepomuk is even aware of
there being different address books.
Using the prebuilt query in Akonadiconsole's item search for name (just
replacing the name of course), does it find any of the contacts not in the
main addressbook?

If no, does changing one of them make it show up?

I.e. I am guessing that the "newly created contact" is more likely why it is
being found. Maybe the contacts didn't get indexed correctly or something
(sorry, guess work on my part here as well)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring