[Kde-pim] Feeder continually reindexing again

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri May 31 14:56:32 BST 2013

On Fri, 31 May 2013 08:40:47 AM you wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2013 08:38:30 AM you wrote:
> > Additionally it trying to stop or restart the feeder when its doing this
> > using akonadiconsole locks up akonadiconsole with it consuming 100% of a
> > core. And that starts freezes in the KDE desktop occuring.
>
> I've disabled and killed the feeder. My desktop and kontact are usable again
> now.
>
> BTW, this is behaviour I've been seeing over the past week.

After starting nepomuk server from the konsole I can see that the storage
service was continually crashing. Its seems to have been caused by the mail
feeder, once I disabled it the crashing stopped.

Additionally kontact feels much faster and the quirks with the read status not
syncing have stopped happening.

The feeder was really dragging the system down quite badly.
--
Lindsay