[Kde-pim] Improving KMail search dialog

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Thu May 16 14:01:49 BST 2013

Hi,

Le jeudi 16 mai 2013 11:20:09 Aurélien Gâteau a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to improve KMail search dialog a bit. I was thinking about:
>
> - Converting it to use a .ui file

Not sure that it will usefull we use specific widget which doesn’t have
designer support as SearchPatternEdit or FolderRequester, so we will show
nothing or a empty rect for it.

> - Showing a spinner while it is working

It will good but I never find a method to know when search is finish
mSearchJob = new Akonadi::SearchCreateJob emit searchDone event if it’s not
finish. (see stop button enable state)

This one is the first fix to do, find a method to know when search is finish :)

> - Merging Search and Stop buttons

Seen logical.

> - Move the Search/Stop button to the bottom

Ok why not :)

> - Other minor clean ups
>
> Does it make sense to you?
>
> Aurélien
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090