[Kde-pim] Akonadi batch notifications review

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Fri May 24 14:36:12 BST 2013

On Friday 24 of May 2013 10:29:27 Luis Felipe Tabera wrote:
> On Friday May 24 2013 09:41:53 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > On Sat, 18 May 2013 07:05:24 PM Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > > thanks for reviewing the code. I've fixed the issues you mentioned and
> > > merged  the branches in akonadi, kdepimlibs and kdepim-runtime to
> > > master.
> > >
> > > Guys, if you see any regressions, please let me know asap
> >
> > I'm seeing a *lot* mails that were read becoming unread after a few
> > minutes
> > since this merge.
>
> I have merged these patches and what I see that now folders take a lot of
> time to load the messages, (some of them I am no more able to reach) with a
> generic window "Retrieving folder contents, please wait..."

Hi,

Note sure where you merged it, it's all already merged :-) Make sure you have
Akonadi server, kdepimlibs and kdepim-runtime all with the branches merged
(that is make sure you have the latest master of all these three) in order to
get it all working correctly.

> When I click on a message, I see on the .xsession_errors, the following
> message:
>
> ItemRetrieverException :  Unable to retrieve item from resource: Did not
> receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
> send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
> timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

What account type does this happen with? IMAP, disconnected IMAP?

> On the other hand, I have no trouble to read these messages using
> akonadiconsole, only with kmail.

Could you enable debugger in akonadiconsole while using KMail and see, whether
any errors appear there when KMail fails?

> I also use master kdepim, so it could be an error on their side.

kdepim version should not matter, master is preferred of course :-)

Cheers,
Dan

> Best,
>
> Luis
Daniel Vrátil
Associate Software Engineer, KDE Desktop Team
Red Hat, Inc

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348