[Kde-pim] Problems with ContactSearchJob

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue May 14 18:39:58 BST 2013

Hi Klaas,

On Sunday, 2013-05-12, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since (I believe) I switched to KDE 4.10.x, I experience problems in my
> application Kraft [1] with the ContactSearchJob to query Contacts from
> address books.
>
> A small test case of what I use in Kraft can be found in the attached
> example app, see kta.cpp. It's a contact search job with search criteria
> Uid (Note that to try it, you need to change the uid that is searched
> for to something that exists in your address books). The result list for
> me is always empty, even if the contact exists, ie. is visible in
> akonadiconsole. With previous versions it returned one entry with the
> contact.

I take it you don't get a job error, i.e. the job "succeeds" but has no
matches, right?

> What has changed recently? How can that be fixed? Do I have to do more
> initialitzations of Akonadi now? What if there are more than one address
> books configured? Are they all searched?

The code looks fine and I don't think there were any changes to that
particular search recently. But this  (Akonadi/Nepomuk interaction) is out of
my area of expertise, not sure how to debug this further.

You could try to modify one of the contact the sparql querys in
Akonadiconsole's item query tab to the one for UID in
kdepimlibs/akonadi/contact/contactsearchjob.cpp

There is probably also a Nepomuk commandline interface or D-Bus interface that
allows for Sparql queries, i.e. in order to bypass Akonadi and check if the
search itself works.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring