[Kde-pim] Personal Calendar akonadi resource missing in 4.10

Atanas Zhelev zmeyski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 17:41:43 GMT 2013

2013/3/5 Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org>:
> On Tuesday, 2013-03-05, Atanas Zhelev wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> installed kde 4.10, i don't see anymore the "Personal Calendar"
>> resource when i want to add new calendar either from
>> Korganizer or Akonadi Resources configuration dialogs. Any idea what
>> happened with that resource? Is "Personal Calendar"
>> resource supposed to be present at all in this version of Korganizer?
>>
>> I realize this is not really development question but i posted on
>> kdepim-users already and no one there seems to have an idea about
>> this.
>
> The resource is called ICal Calendar File.
> "Peronal Calendar" is the name used by the first startup routine to point to
> the default KOrganizer file ($KDEHOME/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics where
> $KDEHOME is usually unset and defaults to $HOME/.kde
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
> --

Hi Kevin,

well i remember that there was such an entry named "Personal Calendar"
in the "Akonadi resources configuration" dialog on 4.9. Adding it
needed just one click, without entering a path to a file. (similar to
the "Personal Contacts" resource)
Anyway i upgraded to 4.10.1 and "Personal Calendar" resource was
automatically created and enabled, it points to the file you
specified. So problem solved although i'm not sure exactly how it
happened.

BR
Atanas