[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection: Searching not Reliable

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:53:09 GMT 2013

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 06:29:06 AM you wrote:
> Message Status =Unread is almost always out. A search on "Subject contains"
> (nothing) is always out for me, sometimes by just a few msgs, sometimes up
> to 2000 missing from a 4000 msg folder.

Ok this is odd. Last night in a 4000+ msg folder a Search on "Subject contains
<empty string>" returned the same as "Subject contains *", roughly 2000 msgs.

This morning "Subject contains <empty string>" does nothing (kinda what I
would expect) and "Subject contains *" returns 4160 out of 4169 msgs.

Perhaps the indexer wasn't finished last night, which odd because:

- Feeder status was "Indexing Completed"

- It had been showing that for days.

We really need more information and more control on the status of the feeder.
I'd really like to be able to tell it to "Index all/this folder *now* and
screw my CPU"

Thanks,

--
Lindsay Mathieson