[Kde-pim] mailfilter does not see all incoming messages

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 23:16:29 GMT 2013

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 11:50:08 PM Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Apparently 4.10 was released with a broken akonadi nepomuk feeder. That
> could  be the cause of your issues:
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2013-02/msg00041.html and
> http://cmollekopf.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/kontact-nepomuk-integration-why-d
> ata-from-akonadi-is-indexed-in-nepomuk/ first comment.

Thanks, that might be it. I pulled nepomuk-core
- Ensured all packages and options were found
- installed in /usr
-rebooted

And new emails appear to indexed now. Still have a problem with misindexed
email though, so have run nepomukcleaner and am forcing a updateAll via
qdbusviewer.

And ... That finished way to early, in seconds. And the search index is still
badly inaccurate.

And again, I forced a Reindex All on a folder via the maintanance tab and *no*
message for that folder can be found with any search. Is there anyway to clear
the akonadi mail out of the index and foce a proper full reindex without
trashing my nepomuk data?

Am I going to have to erase my nepomuk db again? I really don't want to do
that as I had actually started tagging and rating files.

I can't find any mention of these issues on the 4.10 release notes - should it
at least be noted that searching is still broken? 4.10 is being pushed as the
upgrade for KDEPIM on the mailing lists and forums but this is leaving a bad
impression.

I just can't understand how a core feature like searching can be broken for so
long. I want to help but no one seems to care about it.

--
Lindsay Mathieson