[Kde-pim] How to force a true reindex all.

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 22:06:52 GMT 2013

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 10:44:26 PM you wrote:
> Currently there is no true "Reindex all" option available, but I'll try to
> add  a "remove all my indexed akonadi data from nepomuk"-option to a little
> helper tool at least.

That would be great

> Here's what's happening for "updateAll" in current 4.10 branch (released
> with  4.10.2):
> We query for all akonadi items which are supposed to be indexed (which can
> be  controlled from kmail), and then compare that list of items to what we
> can find in nepomuk. All items are checked for modifications based on
> lastModified date, and whatever hasn't been indexed or has changed
> meanwhile gets indexed. Also items which are no longer supposed to be
> indexed or gone altogether from akonadi are removed from nepomuk.
>
> Note that this process is also run during akonadi startup, so "updateAll"
> shouldn't be required normally. Also not that 4.10.1 didn't do that yet,
> resulting in a lot of stuff never getting indexed which is why I changed
> the  behavior.

That sounds brilliant Christian, should take care of a lot of perceived
issues.

I would suggest adding a gui option for invoking "updateAll()" as well as many
people don't reboot or logout all that often (I hibernate rather than switch
off), so akonadi wouldn't get restarted.

thanks,
--
Lindsay Mathieson