[Kde-pim] New emails not being indexed

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 21:45:33 GMT 2013

I can open a bug report for this but thought I'd run it by the experts first.

KDE 4.10 (kubuntu 13.04)

I can get my entire large gmail impa account fully indexed by
- stopping akonadi
- quitting nepomukservice
- deleting the nepomuk db

It indexes away for a long time (but a lot less than it used to) and at the
end of it I can search kmail on content, subject, status etc and get more or
less the results I would expect.

However any new emails that arrive after that are not indexed - ever. I have
idle timeout disabled. Forcing a reindex using qdbusviewer and invoking
"updateAll" on the feeder does not make any difference.

I don't know if this is related, by the feeder often shows a status "Nepomuk
not available" (paraphrased). I restart it and it connects ok, reindexes all
my contacts and stops.

I wonder if that happens because on start up if I'm quick enough I can see
messages about the feeder trying and retrying to connect and nepomuk not be
ready. I'll try and get better  details on that but its tricky.

thanks,

--
Lindsay Mathieson