[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 5 08:38:26 GMT 2013

Kevin Krammer wrote:

> This is, however, unrelated to the cache functionality. Clearing the cache
> does not remove any collections or items, only cached item data.
> Thus clearing the cache will not result in change of collection ids.

There is a confusion here. Wolfgand and Sven talks about the *whole* akonadi
database when they refer to cache, while you talk about the part cache (a
subset of the database).
Both of you are right, we use the term cache for both. :)

So clearing the part cache has normally no sideeffects, while removing the
whole db and creating it again makes the stored collection ids invalid.

Andras