[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sun Mar 3 12:25:15 GMT 2013

MAJOR -
* Persistent Search results - The query will be re-run each time an email
is indexed, which is quite common. This causes high cpu usage in virtuoso,
specially when the queries are complex. I would suggest disabling this for
4.10.2

* No indication of email indexing - We need to inform the users that emails
are being indexed. Ideally we should show something like "22/5600 indexed",
but just saying "Email is Indexing" is also okay. Implementing this will
require an exception from the translation team. I would like to add this
feature to the nepomukcontroller which shows file indexing status.

I'm not sure how to adapt the controller UI for this.

NORMAL -
* Email Search - It uses the Nepomuk Query Library which can sometimes
produce some very ugly queries and that causes virtuoso to use large
amounts of CPU for processing the query. We need to go through the entire
query generation and optimize query and maybe disable features that are too
slow?

Need to test this out properly. Maybe I can do this in time for 4.10.2? I'm
not sure if I have enough time.

MINOR / IMPROVEMENT -
* Improve indexing speed for everything. We're too slow right now. This is
not something that is going to happen for 4.10.2, but we are making
progress and we can expect this to improve over time.