[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sun Mar 3 18:26:50 GMT 2013

Am Sonntag, 3. März 2013, 19:13:57 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> > Or to put it differently: stick to the common notion of a cache, i.e. as in
> > browser cache, thumbnail cache etc.
>
> Right. This is already the case. I checked the cache and it does only contains
> cached data and references to the item the data is cached for.

Right. And it generates different references to the same items if the cache
is cleared (by deleting it).

That is what a cache normally does not do, the references should stay the
same. That is why I came up with the idea of saving the mapping items
to references outside of the cache database.

Or use a cache cleaner which removes everything from cache but those
reference mappings and heavily advertise this function.

--
Wolfgang