[Kde-pim] [dot] KDE PIM Sprint

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Mar 29 08:13:49 GMT 2013

Hi Jos, Carl,

thanks for your work!

On Friday, 2013-03-29, Carl Symons wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jos at opensuse.org> wrote:
> > Hugbears,
> >
> > Here's the KDE PIM Sprint report. I'm sure the PIMsters have things to
> > add or fix.
> >
> > http://dot.kde.org/2013/03/28/new-year-kde-pim-sprint-berlin-2013-report-
> > now-cuter-pictures
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jos
>
> Thanks Jos. Delightful.
>
> Now edited. Ready for publication...after PIMsters have provided
> input. When do you want this to go public?

I would drop the paragraph containing the Akonadi2 joke. Even jokingly hinting
at any kind of future work will bring out the "everything gets rewritten when
it becomes stable" trolls in full force.

In the next paragraph, I'd go for a different phrasing for "Ingo was even
later ...".

"Was late"at least to me suggests being at fault for not arriving earlier.
What about "Ingo even just arrived in time for dinner at 19:00."

I would also recommended removing " The group decided to make a list and fix
things before attempting to convince users about Kontact."
It is just more complicated than that, i.e. some things that might block
effective marketing right now can not be fixed easily and the respective
features might just be disabled instead.

As the sentence is right now it is more like "Duh, they should have thought
about that earlier".

Instead of "People raised issues about encrypting and signing mails with
unicode characters resulting in a review request." I would go for a more
explicit kudos, something like "Sandro Knauß had been annoyed with issues
about encrypting an signing emails with unicode characters and had joined the
sprint in order to fix those. Which he did!" And link the "did" to the review
request.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring