[Kde-pim] how to merge to master?

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sun Mar 3 22:44:21 GMT 2013

Hi Christophe,

I see you just merged my KDE/4.10 commit to master

but I thought I already did.

What I did:

commit to KDE/4.10
git checkout master
git merge KDE/4.10
git push
git checkout KDE/4.10
git push

and I had both branches master and KDE/4.10 point to my commit f529d75a1b

just like the commit  a018fe1f8269 from Frank Osterfeld
before (which also was the head of both master and KDE/4.10)

so I thought everything is fine.

Now I see in commit 236f625 that you cherry-picked my commit from 4.10 into master.
I was told cherry picking is not wanted in kdepim.

And http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdepim-runtime.git shows my commit twice in master
history:

http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdepim-runtime.git&a=shortlog&h=a849d2d93e893cd970694f06c91eba397e5e7d11

now I am very confused. What did I do wrong? Especially compared with the commit from
Frank Osterfeld?

--
Wolfgang