[Kde-pim] How to force a true reindex all.

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 00:45:54 GMT 2013

When I last asked this question I was told that using qdbusviewer to invoke
"updateAll" on the nepomuk feeder would reindex all messages.

Additionally there is the folder properties maintenance tab option, "Reindex
all"

Unfortunately for me, after much testing of them recently, none of them appear
to rebuild a incomplete or corrupted index. I had a badly broken index,
possibly due to the 4.10 feeder bugs, updateAll() just finished in seconds and
"Reindex All" took longer, but made no difference.

Only unsubscribing the folders in question then resubscribing seemed to fix
the issue. And I noticed that the re-index took much longer than the previous
ones, which lead me to wonder if the previous re-index was just iterating over
the old incorrect index.

Of course I could just delete the Nepomuk db, but that leads to loss of data
(tags, ratings etc). Or remove/re-add the account, but that is painful in the
extreme, losing all my settings.

--
Lindsay Mathieson