[Kde-pim] Long-running app loses mysql connection

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jun 11 18:00:27 BST 2013

Here's the reason zanshin can't save my events, when I let it run for a very long time (many days) and only use it occasionnally (unlike kmail) :

new ItemCreateJob
Database error: DataStore::beginTransaction
Last driver error: "QMYSQL: Unable to begin transaction"
Last database error: "MySQL server has gone away"
Error during executing query "INSERT INTO PimItemTable (rev, remoteRevision, collectionId, mimeTypeId, datetime, atime, dirty, size) VALUES (:0, :1, :2, :3, :4, :5, :6, :7
)" :  "Lost connection to MySQL server during query QMYSQL3: Unable to reset statement"
Error during insertion into table "PimItemTable" "Lost connection to MySQL server during query QMYSQL3: Unable to reset statement"
DataStore::rollbackTransaction(): No transaction in progress!
"Append failed"

-> this looks like a timeout in the mysql connection.

KMail still works fine at that point.

Does anyone know about mysql connections dropping out, and how to avoid it, or how
to handle this transparently in akonadi libs so that apps don't have to handle it themselves?