[Kde-pim] More Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Jun 5 12:55:31 BST 2013

Le mercredi 5 juin 2013 16:02:49 Vishesh Handa a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM, laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:

> > be

> > > Then we are no longer able to index collections manually.
> > > That breaks the "Force Reindexing" in the folder-properties dialog in
> >
> > KMail,
> >
> > > doesn't it?
> >
> > Not good if it breaks it.
> > We added it to avoid to start “nepomukpimindexerutility” and force index
> > collection.
>
> Does anyone really need to force a collection? Indexing seems pretty
> reliable to me right now.
>
> If it is still required, then I'll add it again, but in a better way so
> that it gets scheduled nicely.

For me we don’t have enough test to know if it’s not necessary.
I know that I have some folder which is not indexing (don’t know why) so it’s
good to have this feature.

Perhaps your big refactoring/fixing fixes it, so ok, but perhaps we can keep it
until 4.12, I can remove this button in 4.12

What do you think about it ?

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090