[Kde-pim] DocBook and Wiki questions.

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Jun 13 22:49:54 BST 2013

On Thursday, 2013-06-13, Scarlett Clark wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Perhaps someone can give me some insight. I have been working on the
> new features for kmail and as I am am going through this, I have found
> that wiki is not nearly as outdated as DocBook. Do I want to copy/paste
> convert from wiki to Docbook, or do we want docbook to be a condensed
> version of wiki? Also is there someone already writing for the wiki side?
> It seems to be pretty recent with content (minus newest features).

Unfortunately I can't help you with that question, I'll have to leave that to
the documentation experts, e.g. Burkhard and Anne.

My best guess is that the Wiki authors can be looked up in the Wiki's history
view and probably contacted through each page's discussion tab.

As for content my guess would be that we want to have all "manual" like
content in both versions and on the wiki additionally "tutorial" style
section.

But that has probably been discussed in the documentation writer community at
length, so I'll better keep out of that ;-)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring