[Kde-pim] Hello. New with documentation.

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Jun 12 17:17:32 BST 2013

Hello Scarlett,

On Wednesday, 2013-06-12, Scarlett Clark wrote:
> Hello everyone. I am not sure this is the correct place for me. I am trying
> to learn the documentation writing process, so that I can contribute. I
> was told by kde-docs that kmail/kde-pim could use some help. If anyone
> has any advice for me, it would be welcomed.

Welcome at KDE and KDE PIM :)

Thanks a lot for your offer to help with documentation writing, an area that
is of great importance for a good user experience but unfortunately one were
we seem to have difficulties attracting contributors.

Since I am not working on documentation myself I am unsure what the next steps
would ideally be. However, I've taken the liberty to CC this reply to a couple
of people who are likely to know that :)

Anne is our "master of online documentation", e.g. our efforts of having user
guides and similar things in our wiki targetted at users,
http://userbase.kde.org

Manfred and Vincent seem to be  the people working and coordinating the work
on the KMail documentation [1].

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4/kdepim/kmail