[Kde-pim] How to force disconnected IMAP resync of a folder?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 13:24:15 BST 2013

On Monday 03 of June 2013 22:05:31 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jun 2013 04:22:46 PM you wrote:
> > The constant crashing of the storage manager (caused by the feeder) seems
> > to have taken its toll - I have a number of folders that are empty,
> > though new mails are appearing in them. However the src (gmail) shows the
> > older emails still there, quite a few thousand for most of them. But I
> > know of no way to force akonadi to resync the folders in question, other
> > than delete the entire account, which I would really rather not do.
>
> No bites?

Hi,

I don't think there's any proper way to do it (?). The only semi-proper way is
via Akonadi Console, in the "Browser" tab where you can right-click the
collection and select "Clear Akonadi Cache". It only does "DELETE FROM..."
query and does not emit any notifications, so maybe better restart Akonadi
after that, otherwise you would see duplicated items (at best). Next sync
should fetch all emails again.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
Associate Software Engineer, KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348