[Kde-pim] More Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 5 11:36:48 BST 2013

On Wednesday 05 June 2013 12.30:18 laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mercredi 5 juin 2013 10:49:53 Christian Mollekopf a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 04 June 2013 21.43:58 Vishesh Handa wrote:

> > > Done
> > >
> > > I've added the following features -
> > > * Suspend when on Battery
> > > * Index all items based on modification date
> > > * Emails are given the lowest priority
> > > * Removed special manual collection indexing code from the Scheduler
> >
> > Then we are no longer able to index collections manually.
> > That breaks the "Force Reindexing" in the folder-properties dialog in
> > KMail, doesn't it?
>
> Not good if it breaks it.
> We added it to avoid to start “nepomukpimindexerutility” and force index
> collection.

The  “nepomukpimindexerutility” anyways relies on the same facilities.

With the FindUnindexedItemsJob the forced reindexing shouldn't be required
anymore. Especially since content which has been forcibly indexed, but is
marked as not to be indexed otherwise, would be removed on the next run.

I can't think of any usecase to force re-indexing right now, so I don't mind
if that feature goes out.

Cheers,
Christian