[Kde-pim] Searching using substrings

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Jun 13 11:35:37 BST 2013

How are you performing the search?

By default virtuoso only searches through the exact word, which is how most
search engines operate. We can obviously change this behaviour by adding a
'*' at the end of the expression.

If you point me to how you were performing the search, I can have a look at
the relevant code and maybe fix it.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Lindsay Mathieson <
lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed this before but have never dug into it until now - but does
> nepomuk search only work with whole words? e.g when I search on a friends
> name, "Derek" it only pulls up the emails he sent from derek at domain1, not
> the others he sends from derekf at domain2.
>
> I see the same behaviour for searches on subject and body content.
>
> For me, not being able to search on sub strings is a serious limitation.
>
> --
> Lindsay

Vishesh Handa