[Kde-pim] Fwd: Re: For review.

O. Sinclair sinclair at orionweb.info
Sat Jun 15 08:32:24 BST 2013

On Saturday 15 June 2013 1:07 AM Scarlett Clark wrote:
> Hi everyone. "O. Sinclair" <sinclair at orionweb.info> Both believe that this
> should be updated to relet current standards. Advice?
> Scarlett

What I suggested after "proofreading" is that the wording
"Note that HTML messages are often regarded as an annoyance; therefore, you
should avoid sending HTML messages if possible"
is outdated. In the year 2013 HTML mail is nothing but an accepted standard
and most "average" users have no idea what you are talking about.

My suggestion is to simply delete that sentence and shorten the next:
"You should never send HTML messages to a mailing list unless HTML messages
are explicitly allowed."

Even that might be outdated - if you are on a mailinglist that does not allow
HTML it will take 1-2 mails before you are told so.

So I think that when Scarlett is now updating the documentation let us also
modernise what was written for Kmail v1 and move with the times.

Regards,
Sinclair