[Kde-pim] Terminology Change: "HTML" -> "Rich Text"

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Sun Jul 7 10:17:16 BST 2013

On Tuesday, June 04, 2013 03:49:18 PM Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> For the sake of consistency, we should be using the term "Rich Text" instead
> of "HTML" in user visible strings.
>
> We have this in some places inside kdepim already, but we should look around
> and change messages strings accordingly.  Also in the User Manuals.
>
> Just thought I'd put this in the record for future generations.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not reading this list every day.

AFAIK, Outlook uses the term Rich Text for its proprietary format (known as
winmail.dat attachment), which is one option besides plain text and HTML. So
people coming from outlook might get confused.

[1] http://www.thunderbird-mail.de/wiki/FAQ:WINMAIL.DAT

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro