[Kde-pim] Are names of jobs in kimap supposed to be translatable?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Jul 16 16:09:45 BST 2013

Hi Lasse,

On Tuesday, 2013-07-16, Lasse Liehu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering because some of them have names like:
> * AclJobBase
> * DeleteAclJob
> * GetMetaData

Those are really bad string, they become part of error messages and should
describe the task that failed, not the class name.

I checked the occurrence in DeleteAclJob and tracked it down to a really old
commit, 7e30a35b (from 2009).
Andras, did you refactor that from somewhere?

> that aren't so nice even in English if they are shown to the user.
> Where are they shown? The list of translatable names can be found in
> kdepimlibs/libkimap.pot under
> [stable|trunk]/l10n-kde4/templates/messages.

We should fix that in the 4.11 branch (assuming we get tranlators' permissions
for that which I consider likely) and master.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring