[Kde-pim] Grantlee-related build error in kdepim/messageviewer

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Tue Jul 30 08:44:57 BST 2013

On Tuesday 30 Jul 2013 06:11:18 laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mardi 30 juillet 2013 01:20:56 David Jarvie a écrit :
> > I don't have grantlee installed, and I get the following cmake error for
> > kdepim 4.11:
> >
> > Make Error at messageviewer/grantleefilters/CMakeLists.txt:3 (INCLUDE):
> >   include called with wrong number of arguments.  Include only takes one
> >   file.
> >
> > CMake Error at messageviewer/grantleefilters/CMakeLists.txt:8
> > (grantlee_add_plugin): Unknown CMake command "grantlee_add_plugin".
> >
> > Either messageviewer directory should be made optional based on whether
> > grantlee is installed, or the test needs to be amended.
>
> Hi,
> In 4.11 grantlee is not optional, it’s an hard dependancy.
> It’s used for header mail style, for generating custom plain text in kmail
> composer , by kaddressbook style, kjots style, by headerthemeeditor.
> It’s a very small lib so for 4.11 it’s hard dependancy.

Even if it's a hard dependency, cmake shouldn't fail in that way (it terminated immediately after displaying those messages). In fact, even after installing grantlee, I still got the same failure after installing grantlee version 0.1.4. It works ok with grantlee 0.3.

There should be a proper dependency check so that the missing dependency is reported nicely, and it should display what the minimum version of grantlee is required.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.