[Kde-pim] Akonadi and Plasma Active

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Jan 24 14:31:38 GMT 2013

On Thursday, 2013-01-24, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 18 January 2013, Marco Martin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > as you know one central pieces of Plasma Active is kontact touch, and we
> > are very happy we have such a nice application.
> > However, since a while we tried to update our obs build to akonadi 1.9
> > and kdepim/pimlibs/runtime 4.10 and some problems started.
> >
> > the akonadi server is running fine, but seems to be unable to create most
> > of the agents.
> > Mail and alarms seems they get created, notes and calendar don't. even
> > tough the alarms one doesn't seem reliable as well (sometimes we get the
> > list of the alarms, sometimes not)
> >
> > i tried also to create the notes agent from the akonadiconsole utility,
> > and the creation procedure goes on for a while, until it's time to
> > actually create the file with the note and then the ui get stuck for
> > about a minute then spits an error of timeout (same thing for calendars)
> >
> > one possible reason that i can think about is that is using the sqlite
> > backend that may have had some serious regression? (however on plasma
> > active using mysql is not much feasible, because besides not having a
> > package, would be another big daemon on a mobile/arm device)
> >
> > anybody has an idea, or how i can get more debug/informations to help
> > figure out what it is?
> >
> > (to test the problem, if someone is interested, the images here
> > http://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-
> > exopc/tablet/mer/devel/weekly/
> > work just fine in virtualbox)
> >

> > I would love to have this fixed for pa4, otherwise we would have to still
> > ship an old version, 4.9 or so :/ so any help, highly appreciated indeed
> > ;)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Marco Martin
>
> looking a bit into it i see that is a problem that happens now everywhere
> when using the qsqlite3 backend.
>
> I tried to bisect the akonadi repository, and the commit where it starts to
> have problems is
> 7d3c102570c906dd427af1271eefc07bb18d45b5 "Cache prepared queries and re-use
> them whenever possible." 13 Jul 2012
>
> I guess that from that revision it started to generate queries that can't
> be parsed by sqlite?
>
> and any idea how and if this can be solved?

It seems SQLite has some limitations when it comes to prepared queries. From
the Qt documentation on QSqlQuery::prepare
"For SQLite, the query string can contain only one statement at a time. If
more than one statements are give, the function returns false."

Could you check if this is the case here? I.e. prepare returning false but
false not being handled?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring