[Kde-pim] switching distributions, but keeping KDE... how do i migrate my email?

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Jan 12 11:09:10 GMT 2013

Am Samstag, 12. Januar 2013 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
> > And I think nothing of this is officially supported.
>
> I think what I've described must be official as it's in the standard
> menus.

Given that KDEPIM 1 is supported by KDE project at all.

From what I gathered it isn´t supported anymore. Except for possibly a
enterprise branch of it… Try to report a bug with KDEPIM 1. I bet most
likely reaction will be closing it cause not supported anymore. Well if you
use Debian you an report a bug with Debian, cause Debian maintainers decided
to use and support KDEPIM 1 for Wheezy.

My bet is that almost no one of the KDEPIM developers ever tried and tested
to downgrade KDEPIM 2 data to KDEPIM 1. I think I read about Anne Wilson
doing this, but thats about it.

So officially supported or not, I bet you are mostly on your own with this.
And that is what I wanted to express.

Just look at this thread. The amount of responses with clear instructions
"You can do it this way" wasn´t exactly overwhelming.