[Kde-pim] Akonadi and Plasma Active

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 14:13:12 GMT 2013

On Friday 18 January 2013, Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> as you know one central pieces of Plasma Active is kontact touch, and we
> are very happy we have such a nice application.
> However, since a while we tried to update our obs build to akonadi 1.9 and
> kdepim/pimlibs/runtime 4.10 and some problems started.
>
> the akonadi server is running fine, but seems to be unable to create most
> of the agents.
> Mail and alarms seems they get created, notes and calendar don't. even
> tough the alarms one doesn't seem reliable as well (sometimes we get the
> list of the alarms, sometimes not)
>
> i tried also to create the notes agent from the akonadiconsole utility, and
> the creation procedure goes on for a while, until it's time to actually
> create the file with the note and then the ui get stuck for about a minute
> then spits an error of timeout (same thing for calendars)
>
> one possible reason that i can think about is that is using the sqlite
> backend that may have had some serious regression? (however on plasma
> active using mysql is not much feasible, because besides not having a
> package, would be another big daemon on a mobile/arm device)
>
> anybody has an idea, or how i can get more debug/informations to help
> figure out what it is?
>
> (to test the problem, if someone is interested, the images here
> http://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-
> exopc/tablet/mer/devel/weekly/
> work just fine in virtualbox)
>

> I would love to have this fixed for pa4, otherwise we would have to still
> ship an old version, 4.9 or so :/ so any help, highly appreciated indeed
> ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

looking a bit into it i see that is a problem that happens now everywhere when
using the qsqlite3 backend.

I tried to bisect the akonadi repository, and the commit where it starts to
have problems is
7d3c102570c906dd427af1271eefc07bb18d45b5 "Cache prepared queries and re-use
them whenever possible." 13 Jul 2012

I guess that from that revision it started to generate queries that can't be
parsed by sqlite?

and any idea how and if this can be solved?

It passed a long time without being noticed because the image of Plasma Active
3 still used an older akonadi/kdepim release.

Cheers,
Marco Martin