[Kde-pim] Some odd behaviour with KDE PIM in KDE 4.10 RC

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Tue Jan 22 08:42:02 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying the KDE 4.10 RC right now on Fedora 18 - and things look really
nicely, this is going to be a beautiful release. One thing I noticed though is
that my Kontact shows some odd behaviour after a while:

When new messages arrive, I see them highlighted/listed in the list of folders
(folder in bold, number of new messages shown) but when I select the folder,
the summary of messages is somehow not updated - I only see the messages that
were in there until time X where X = the moment where the behaviour starts.

Resolution at the moment is to restart Kontact, after which it'll work fine for
a while, and then eventually this starts happening again.

The behaviour seems to develop "one folder after another" not "all folders
simultaneously" - so some folders will continue to work as expected, while
others are showing the behaviour above.

Not sure this is already known, or whether it is a RC issue that will resolve
itself automatically, but if it isn't and if you want more information, please
let me know.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve
Chief Executive Officer

Kolab Systems AG				Wondering whether Kolab is for you?
Zürich, Switzerland				Find out at http://kolabsys.com/try

e: greve at kolabsys.com
t: +41 78 904 43 33
w: http://kolabsys.com