[Kde-pim] Collapsing of the quoted text in plaintext e-mails

Peter Humphrey peter at humphrey.ukfsn.org
Tue Feb 5 00:15:38 GMT 2013

On Monday 04 February 2013 18:23:16 Shaheed Haque wrote:

> If you are looking at this area, I'd like to mention that in some
> scenarios which I have not been able to absolutely pin down, but seems
> to involve some combination of Outlook and MacOS mail clients, the
> quoted text in kmail ends up getting two blank lines after each text
> line.

I've been exchanging e-mails with a certain person for several years. While
he had a talktalk.net domain he was using Outlook Express (version unknown,
but I think he has Windows 7). I always got an extra pair of blank lines
after every paragraph, but not within a paragraph. He's since moved to a
hotmail.co.uk account and I don't see this behaviour any more. Maybe that
ISP uses a version of webmail - it's hard to tell from the headers.

--
Peter