[Kde-pim] nepomuk service not available

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Mon Feb 25 00:56:07 GMT 2013

Same problem here, on one of my systems. Ubuntu, 12.10 with kde 4.10. I
am still searching for the differences betweeen the machines...
On the affected machine two users, with virgin accounts have this
problem. Strangely enough, other ubuntu systems with identical (?)
package selection and config don't have this problem. Still searching...

Am 05.02.2013 22:20, schrieb Lindsay Mathieson:
> Does anyone have any furthur ideas? I tried deleting ny nepomuk db, which was
> recreated but I still get the "nepomuk service not available" error
>
> There's several other people on the users list with the same problem.
>

> On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 06:32:44 PM you wrote:
>> On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 01:52:36 PM Vishesh Handa wrote:

>>> Could you see if Nepomuk is running?
>>>
>>> $ ps aux | grep nepomuk ?
>>
>> /usr/bin/nepomukserver
>> /usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukstorage
>> /usr/bin/nepomukcontroller -session 101c41a01b4ff00013489260650000001540000
>> /usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder --identifier akonadi_nepomuk_feeder
>> /usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukfilewatch
>> /usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukfileindexer
>> grep --color=auto nepomuk
>>
>>> If it is running, I would like to know if the storage service is
>>> responding. A simple -
>>>
>>> $ qdbus org.kde.NepomukStorage
>>
>> qdbus org.kde.NepomukStorage
>> /
>> /backupmanager
>> /datamanagement
>> /nepomukontologyloader
>> /nepomukqueryservice
>> /nepomukqueryservice/query1
>> /nepomukstorage
>> /resourcewatcher
>> /resourcewatcher/watch10
>> /resourcewatcher/watch11
>> /resourcewatcher/watch13
>> /resourcewatcher/watch14
>> /resourcewatcher/watch79
>> /resourcewatcher/watch8
>> /servicecontrol
>>

>> Thanks

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

-------------------------
Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare, Workshops and Authoring
Koetztinger Strasse 6c          93057 Regensburg - Germany
Phone:                          +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobile:                         +49 170 3 02 70 92
Web: www.feilner-it.net         mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner
Linkedin: http://de.linkedin.com/in/markusfeilner
Linux Magazine Germany:         mfeilner at linuxnewmedia.de
My books at Packt: Open source - privacy and connectivity for everyone!
  New and revised:       http://www.packtpub.com/learning-openvpn-2-0-9/book
  Sold over 3000 times:  http://www.packtpub.com/openvpn/book
  My Groupware book:     http://www.packtpub.com/scalix/book