[Kde-pim] Copying contacts and related bugs

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:50:25 GMT 2013

Dear Pimsters

  I was trying to debug some bizarre behavior occuring  when copying some of
my gmail contacts over to my personal contacts.
Contacts would disappear upon relogin.
Similar issues happens when copying them over to a DAV resource (namely
owncloud): they would not sync.

I believe that the cause could be related to the following debug output from
akonadiconsole

AgentBase(akonadi_contacts_resource_3): Unable to write to file
'/home/jacopods/.local/share/contacts//http://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/<emailaddress>/base/47b48a8baa2f5d.vcf':
No such file or directory

I contacted Tobias, who suggested to contact this list; I quote him:

>The path name for storing the contacts is assembled from the 'path' you have
> specified in the contacts resource settings and the filename is the remoteId
> of the item. If the contact is created by the local contact resource, the
>remoteId is the UID of the contact, but it looks like it doesn't rewrite the
>remoteId during a move -> it tries to use the remoteId that comes from the
>google resource...

There are a number of bugs which could be related to this, e.g. 304481,
299740

Btw, I am running 4.10 opensuse packages (I also have a git master build,
which I can in principle check, but I did not properly set up akonadi on it)

Please let me know if you need further information.
Best wishes,

  Jacopo

--
Plasma Device Notifier mantainer