[Kde-pim] Porting StdAddressBook to Akonadi does not work as Akonadi::ContactSearchJob returns no results

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:38:20 GMT 2013

În ziua de Mar 12 Feb 2013, la 09:48:56, Vishesh Handa a scris:
> Do you think you could try out KDE 4.10?

I will after this [1] will be fixed (I'm kind of glad that I didn't jumped on
4.10.0 and get bitten by it). Don't get me wrong I'm a developer and I like
hacking around stuff (that's why I love free software) but as I have less time
I need a stable system to be able to concentrate on the work I already have
(KMyMoney).

> The Akonadi Contact search in Nepomuk had some fairly pathological queries
> in the 4.9.x series. This has improved considerably in the 4.10 series.

I'll promise I'll be back with my feedback after upgrading to 4.10 but I can't
assume that all KMyMoney users will have the latest KDE version with Nepomuk
enabled so I think we'll use the linear lookup for now [2].

Cristian Oneț

[1] http://dilfridge.blogspot.com/2013/02/kde-4100-plasma-desktop-crashes-and-
qt.html
[2] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/108666/